Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Showcase: Ultramarines Command Squad


Here you can see my command squad. It was fun assembling them, and it was one of the first units I painted for the army. 

They usually do well in the table...everybody wants to kill them asap, so they get a lot of attention, but (not like the Sternguard) they are quite resistant. I usually put the Champion on the front, because his combat shield gives him a better save, and the Apothecary gives them Feel no Pain, so I keep him on the back.  The plasmas add some nice fire power.

As you can notice, I kept my Tyrannic wars Veterans schema: the standard bearer has a termagant head on his base, and the Sargent has his foot on top of a termagant arm. The Champion is raising a genestealer head with is power sword.



It took some time to make the hole in the head of the tyrannid, but the result is worth it. 


















The cape of the Sargent comes from the chace lions unit, and I think it's a very nice add.


If you want to ask anything about how I added the tyranids, of the paint schema, just let me know in the comments :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice squad!

    I love the genestealer head all impaled...

    ReplyDelete